Saturday, October 24, 2009

An Evening at Football Pitch


Ilyas and Irfan


England vs Brazil


Tepen players warming up


ANSARA Taiping are going to play against St. John Alumni Association (SJAA) in the semi final of Piala ANSARA in three weeks time. So today is the first friendly match since fasting month to be held to improve the players fitness and also to try out the new recruits. I brought along Ilyas and his friend, Irfan to the field to watch the match between my team and Introp, a team from Bandar Baru Bangi. There were more than twenty players came to play for my team but unfortunately none of them is the goalkeeper, thus the eventual asking for my service.

The first half was quite unnerving because most of our players are the new recruits and were still trying to get their rhythm and there were lots of chances from both sides. However, our striker managed to capitalise on the mistake by the opponent's goalkeeper and we were leading 1-0 by the end of the first half. In the second half, we replaced all the players (except the goalkeeper of course) with the regular ones and the play was getting smoother. Unfortunately towards the end of the second half, the opponent managed to score through a free kick awarded just outside the penalty box. To be honest I just didn't see that ball going into the net. I think there was an element of a slight deflection but I am not so sure. Nevertheless it was a good practice match and I am looking forward for our next one in next week.

No comments: