Thursday, October 15, 2009

For the sake of it...



One of the main tasks (not necessarily fall under the job scope) that I intend to do once I am back in Malaysia is to recreate UPM tennis team for staff. When I went to the UK about four years ago, I was it's chairman and we used to compete in the Inter Varsity tournament for staff every year. Since then, the team has been disbanded and they did not participate in the last three years of the tournament. I discovered that some of the players have switched job and a couple of them have turned to squash. I managed to contact the remaining members and we are going to start our weekly practise in preparation for the next year tournament in USM, Penang.

However, I've been experiencing pains around my elbow for the past two months and at first I suspected it was just a tennis elbow syndrome. But it's getting worse and today I went to Pusat Kesihatan UPM to have a doctor examine it. The service was quick and efficient, and I was ushered to the doctor's office in no time. He said that there is no damage to the muscle or tendon but he suspected that the problem lies within the nerve. So he prescribed me several drugs which I had to take immediately. The name for the drugs are Neurobion, Cataflam/Diclofenac Pottasium (pain killer) and Norgesic (Paracetamol and Orphenadrine Citrat (muscle relaxant). He also gave me LMS/Menzza Cream if I suffer any pain when playing the game.

In the evening, I went to the court and had a good session with UPM Deputy Vice Chancellor, Prof. Tai who used to be my double partner. I was really rusty and my shots went everywhere. The only good things that came out from the session is that my elbow is not hurting as much before.

No comments: