Sunday, October 17, 2010

FEMSA Futsal Tournament 2010





Faculty of Economics and Management Students Association (FEMSA) organised a futsal tournament among their students and they invited the faculty staff to participate as well. So we sent three teams and I was surprised  when I found out that the students only have one team to represent them. Apparently, they would rather running the tournament than participating in it. 

I was in the lecturers team and our first match was against the Support Staff A. They are actually the favourite to win this tournament and everybody was surprised when we managed to score the first goal (shall I mention that I was the scorer?). They did eventually equalised the score and it remains until the final whistle is blown. Our second match was against the students team and we lost 1-5. We simply cannot match their speed and agility and rather glad that the score was not a double digit. We had our revenge when we beat Support Staff B with the score of 8-0 in our third and final match. 

Overall, our team finished third in this mini league and team Suppport Staff A emerged champions after beating the students team 2-1 after an extra time. I really enjoyed this tournament and I hope the students will make it into an annual tournament, and perhaps I could play against some of my students.

No comments: