Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Old vs. New

Today I bought tickets to watch a football match this Saturday. It is a Northern Premier League Division One North match and it is between Lancaster City F.C. and F.C. United of Manchester. Both clubs have their own colourful histories even when one of them just formed in 2005. Lancaster City F.C. was founded in 1905 but recent years saw them relegated two divisions below due to financial difficulties.

F.C. United of Manchester (try reading their name from right to left) was founded by the supporters of Manchester United who decided to create their own football team following the Malcolm Glazer's takeover. They got promoted twice during their first two seasons.

Now both of them are together in the same league and they are going head to head this Saturday. I went to the Giant Axe Stadium office (I saw a pennant, Lancaster City vs Manchester United - 2005 - wow!) and bought tickets for two adults and two kids (Wan Huzaini is going to watch together with his son, Haziq) as I am thinking of bringing my son, Ilyas as well.

The officer must have thought that I'm going to bring my wife and two kids as he said, "Well, I think I will give you a family package, you don't have to pay for the Main Stand Seat (worth £8 altogether!), but don't tell anyone OK". So I only need to pay for the entrance tickets (£6 for adult and £3 for kid) and received a complimentary seating section. They still have a standing and uncovered section, which is no longer allowed in higher divisions. These four tickets are still cheaper than a single ticket I bought when watching Manchester United last year which resulted in 0-0 scoreline. Really looking forward to this game. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Idlan said...

this is the beauty of smaller clubs, i think. superb seh, hope you enjoy the game.

Ahmed Razman said...

bila ko datang lancaster kita layan tengok Morecambe FC or Lancaster City FC nyer match.. hehe..