Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wayne Rooney

Whenever there is a registered letter or package addressed to me or my wife, the college porter will put a little note in our pigeon hole, a reminder for us to collect it from them. I received two notes yesterday, one addressed to my wife and another one for me. It was an EBay stuff for my wife but my note has a remark on it, "See Mike". Mike is one of the porters and we are quite close as both of us love to talk about sports. Last month, I gave him a cake for his 62nd birthday.

So, last night after I finished my badminton matches, I went to see him. He said that since most of the parcels are always addressed to my wife, he's got a parcel for me this time. Wrapped nicely in a brown paper, in a shape of a book, with the word 'Ahmed' written in a large handwriting across it, and with no stamp attached to it, it was indeed his gift for me. I'm quite touched and thanked him. It's his way of appreciation for the cake.

When I'm back in my flat, I unwrapped the gift and what do you know, it's a 'Rooney: My Official 2007 Annual' illustration book. It has all the history about Rooney since he was a baby and a complete match analysis for each game he played since Everton until now (including the England matches). There are several interesting notes about him that I do not know of. And make me realise that he is indeed a very special talent.

This book will definitely take its place alongside 'Alex Ferguson: Managing My Life' and 'Red and Raw' in the bookshelf.

No comments: