Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Liverpool

Manju is going to Amsterdam today. Yesterday after a breakfast together, he and his family departed from Lancaster and went to Blackpool before finally arrived at the Anfield Stadium, Liverpool. I have arranged for him a stadium and museum tour (a blasphemous act for a Red Devils fan like me), but that turned out unnecessary since he was a few minutes late and they ushered him through anyway with payment made after the tour finishes. He finally realised one of his life long dreams and I'm glad for him.

After I attended my class in the morning, my family and I went to Liverpool and met Manju at the stadium. We decided to go to the Travelodge hotel that he's going to stay for a night. It is supposed to be 5 miles from the stadium and will took about 10 minutes. After 1 1/2 hours we are still nowhere near the hotel, and worse, we got separated. Manju finally found his hotel but I decided to go back to Lancaster. It was one of the worst experience of driving into a big city that I ever had. Just like driving in Penang. You have thousands of traffic lights and very little of signboards. Plus there are lots of constructions going about so there are many diversions and diverted traffic.

Liverpool, historic city of the world? Confused city of the world more likely.

3 comments:

JuNe said...

hish..belikan jun bola liv tak?? hehe

Idlan said...

kata liverpool. i bet the scousers stole the road signs, knowing them.

Ahmed Razman said...

sorry june, by the time we arrived at the stadium, it's already 5pm and the shop is already closed.. nanti kitorang cari kat tempat lain ok....

idlan,

no wonder, at least they should leave me with another one to steal