Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Seminar Fakulti 2009



The last time I attended a Seminar Fakulti was in 2004, and I was really looking forward to present a part of my dissertation in this edition. I never missed presenting a paper every time I attend a Seminar Fakulti and I intend to continue this tradition of mine. This time the seminar was held in Avillion Admiral Cove at Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan. At first I want to bring my family along but since Joanna has just started her job, it is impossible for her take a leave. I was disappointed at first but after the first day of seminar, I realised that I would be too busy attending events and paper presentations throughout the whole day that if my family are here, they will be the one who will get bored doing nothing inside the room. My wife suggested that we should take a proper holiday, preferably somewhere nearby like Koh Samui (!).

I presented my paper in the first day and received several valuables comments and feedback. I tried to participate in every paper presentations related to my field. The room is very comfortable and in the evening I managed to play a game of tennis with a colleague of mine. I didn't have a chance to go to the beach or swimming in the pool because there is simply not enough spare time to do that. I heard they will be having the next Seminar Fakulti at one of the resort islands in the East Coast. Time to prepare another paper then!

No comments: