Saturday, December 05, 2009

Natrah



After Cuci the Musical, I noticed that the next theater performance will be 'Natrah', which is based on a true story about a Dutch girl caught in a furious custodian battle with religious complications. It happened in Singapore in 1950 and the issue was quite controversial at that time. There was a riot and many people were dead and injured. This show is directed by Erma Fatima who just won Best Director award for her telefilm 'Tersasar di Jalanmu' at the Anugerah Skrin 2009 held recently.

I bought four tickets for my parents, Jo and myself. This will be the first time experience for my parents, watching a live theater performance at the Istana Budaya. The show itself was quite good, the performances by the actors were commendable and the transition between scenes was expertly done and smooth. My mom was especially impressed with the huge sets used for the show. Ayah even bought a book about Natrah which was sold in one of the stalls.

2 comments:

Fasya said...

next time..ajak me ye for the next IB..Show?

Ahmed Razman said...

tak tahu fasya suka theater... ok next time abe ajak