Saturday, December 05, 2009

Al Fatihah - Professor Badri Muhammad



I was on my way to a furniture shop this morning when I received a call from my old friend, Andre, telling me that Adam's father has passed away and currently at the UPM mosque waiting to be buried at the Muslim cemetery nearby. I rushed to the mosque and expressed my condolences to Adam. He was my classmate when we were in Sekolah Kebangsaan Serdang. I used to play with him at his house and later on had dinner with his family. Even though his mother is not a Malay, we had Kelantanese dishes complete with its famous sauce, 'budu'. His father, Professor Badri used to teach Chemistry in UPM before he retires several years ago. Before I went to the UK to further my study, I used to saw him walking out of his office during lunch time and there were several occasions when we had chat together on our way to the restaurant. Adam told me that his father was diagnosed with a colon cancer about a month ago. There is simply not enough time to do some chemotherapy and he passed away on Friday in the hospital. This is the third cancer related death I experienced for the past few months.

No comments: