Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bangi Junior Football League


Every Friday night is the time when I play futsal at Sg. Chua courts with some of my Bandar Baru Bangi friends. Two days ago after the game, Daniel, who is an Anthropology PhD student from Mexico, told me that there will be a junior football league to be held in Section 15, Bandar Baru Bangi and maybe I would like to bring Ilyas along. We had planned to bring Ilyas to the rugby training (where his cousins Sulaiman and Idris are already playing) in the evening but since I have started to teach executive classes every Sunday from 6pm onwards, it might be a better option to take Ilyas to the football training in the morning instead.

When we arrived at the stadium, there were already lots of kids training and playing football. We watched them by the pitch side at first and when I noticed a spare ball, I practised passing the ball with Ilyas. I then saw the registration table and promptly registered Ilyas for the next year league. After that one of the coaches noticed Ilyas and invited him to play with the rest of the kids. Ilyas was quite excited but by the end of the game he is completely knackered. I'm sure he can't wait for the next session of training.

No comments: