Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Research Money

My officemate asked whether I have spent all research money that have been allocated to me and I asked her why. She said, 'Well, they are going to close the account in less than a week, so you'd better start spending it!' I thought that £250 (in which about £42.50 has already been spent on seminar accomodation last year) allocated to me was supposed to last for the duration of my PhD, which is 3 years. How wrong I was and how generous my deparment is. They are giving me £250 to spend every year! So today I started shopping and these are what I have bought (so far):

1x Western Digital 120GB Passport V2 External USB 2.0 2.5" Hard Drive and
1x Western Digital Elements 250GB FAT32 USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

Total cost: £103.17

I'm going to buy an EndNote X software which will cost me £68.

And I've been thinking on buying cordless keyboard and mouse. So that will leave me with few pounds to spare. And starting this August, the budget will be replenish to its £250 limit again. Hmm.. I wonder how much a new laserjet printer costs nowadays....

No comments: