Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Another Viva, Another Successful Candidate!

One more Malaysian managed to get his Doctorate today from the Math Department of Lancaster University. He managed to pass his viva with minor correction and happily reported to his UPM employer the good news. So four successful viva this year already for the Malaysian students in Lancaster and I think there will be at least two more coming up this year. Hopefully they will also be as successful as their friends. And I hope the trend continues until 2009, the year I'm supposed to have my own viva.

I received an e-mail from my former Lancaster junior that he will be coming back here because his wife is pursuing a Master degree. And turned out that they will be staying next to my flat starting this September. They also have two young children. I'm sure my own children will be quite happy to have some friends to play with.

No comments: