Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Backgammon News

Yes! After seven consecutive weeks of losing to Kevin, I've finally managed to beat him 9-4 in our weekly backgammon duel. I was trailing 1-4 and the thought of not winning for the full two months started to form in my mind. But then I realised that I had nothing to lose and started to play aggresively. Whenever my pieces look promising, I immediately offered a double cube. Sometimes he declined it and sometimes he accepted the offer. And lady luck was on my side as I was finally in front at 6-4. I tried to put more pressure on him by offering a double cube again in the next game. He accepted it and after few moves decided to offer back the double cube to me. The positioning of my pieces doesn't look good but it was too early to tell.

So I've been thinking, either let him win this game and tied the score at 6-6 or I can just finish off the match altogether. And maybe I was crazy in accepting back the cube but when I rolled double sixes at the last moment, it was such a sweet victory. I am going to cherish this moment, at least until I meet him again next week.

No comments: