Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Body Fat

I went to Boots today and whilst waiting for my wife to pay for all those multi-vitamins and other prescriptions, decided to throw away some coins into the weight machine. Well, this machine can do other things as well, such as calculating your B.M.I. (Body Mass Index) which you can easily calculate if you have a calculator or a handphone with you and Body Fat. And why do we need to know the exact composition of our body fat is beyond me but since I was bored and never knew my exact height before (I put 177cm for my height in my passport because double 7's look cool), then why not.

So here is the printing that came out from the machine:

Weight: 12st 11lb 81.4kg
Height: 5' 8.8" 1.75m

B.M.I. 26.6

Body Mass Index (B.M.I.) is calculated as Weight (kg) / Height (m)2

Less than 18.5: UNDERWEIGHT
From 18.5 upto 25: IDEAL WEIGHT
More than 25: OVERWEIGHT

Your ideal weight for a B.M.I. between 18.5 and 25.0 is:

8st 12lb to 12st 0lb
56.6kg to 76.5kg

Body Fat (%): 25.1%
Body Fat Mass: 20.4kg
Age: 31 years Male

Recommendations (%)
Male
Excellent: 14.5%
Good: 21.5%
Average: 24.5%
Poor: 31.2%

So I am overweight with an average to poor body fat. And I am actually 2cm shorter than what I thought. Considering that I'm playing 3 badminton sessions per week with each session lasting more than an hour, I know what I should focus on, that scrumptious four letter word starting with an 'F':


Food


From now on, cutting a little bit of everything. And I will go to Boots in one month time to see if there is any progress, or hope at all.

Oh, by the way, my wife B.M.I. is 21.6 (Ideal Weight) and her Body Fat is 26.3% (Good to Excellent). Lucky her.

No comments: