Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ninki-nanka


Excerpts from a BBC News site,

'A team of UK dragon-hunters is on an expedition in The Gambia to track down a mysterious creature known locally as the "Ninki-nanka"...It is described as having a horse-like face, a long body with mirror-like scales and a crest of skin on its head.'

Wow! This is interesting, but I wonder why they didn't pursue Nessie in Loch Ness, which is far nearer to them than this 'dragon' in Gambia. Perhaps, because the country is famous for its coastal beach resorts with a flight time of less than six hours, or the fact that it has plenty to offer; from the Kombo Beach which offers a range of sports and activities to the Makasuto Culture Forest that boasts a 1000 acre of gallery forest. Not forgetting the rich diversity of its bird life.

This make me want to hunt another mysterious creature, a giant bird named Lang, I think the last time it appears was at Langkawi Island. I could be wrong, but it's better to cover the rest of Malaysian islands like Redang, Sipadan, Perhentian etc. So is there any nature society/government/rich entrepreneurs willing to sponsor me? I promise I will take pictures of the bird, or at least some drawings made by the local children.

No comments: