Sunday, June 27, 2010

Seksyen 8 Sports Carnival

Today is the first day of our housing area sports carnival and the first event is futsal. This sports carnival is being held every year among the residents of Seksyen 8 of Bandar Baru Bangi. There are four teams to compete with each other and they are formed based on the housing lane. Although I am still recovering from a knee injury I still put my name to represent Orange futsal team. There is also a futsal tournament for kids and Ilyas was selected to play for Red team. I didn't play in the first match which we won 5-0. During the second match, I told them that I wanted to play in the second half. They let me play and I duly scored two goals with the final score again favours us at 5-0. I also played in the second half of our final match where we drew 1-1. In the end Orange team were declared the champions. Ilyas' team came second and both of us received small tokens from the organiser. There will be more sport events to be held in coming weeks and I'm sure more fun for the family will follows after this.

No comments: