Friday, November 02, 2007

The Malaysian Success Continues...

Yesterday I heard news that one of our postgraduate here has passed his viva. I managed to meet him during our badminton session last night. It was true, Ken Lee is now Dr. Ken Lee. Congratulations! I think he is the sixth Malaysian to get his/her PhD this year, an astounding record considering that there are currently less than 20 Malaysian postgraduate students studying at different years of study in Lancaster. I hope this good run will continues towards next year as there are several students that will be finishing their own PhD by next year.

As for myself, I am currently preparing for my upgrade presentation sometime in December. I've already collected the data, outline the hypotheses, it is a matter of doing the analysis and getting the results. Plus hoping that my supervisors approve of what am I doing at the moment. It's crunching numbers time!

No comments: