Thursday, November 01, 2007

Lancaster Morecambe Badminton League - League Match Six

After two consecutive wins, I was feeling a bit of confidence playing against Sunnyside C tonight. Little did I realise that we lost to them at home last season 7-11. And guess what, this time we lost again to them 7-11.

I partnered with Tim for the first men doubles, a change of tactic since Paul's partner, Sue is still injured. We were determined not to get split results again, and this time we do not get it, we lost both sets 4-15, 11-15. Last season we lost 12-15, 10-15 so it is getting worse. Paul didn't play against them at home last season because he was still nursing his injury. I played with Bazlan and we drew 15-9, 10-15. This time Paul and I managed to win both our sets 15-12, 15-4.

When I partnered Brenda last season, we lost 2-15, 11-15. This time we lost 4-15, 7-15. To be fair Brenda wasn't really comfortable playing because she felt something on her ankle or something and she doesn't want to risk it by playing too hard.

Well, next week we will be playing against Kirkby Lonsdale C at their home ground. Should be easy.

No comments: