Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lancaster Morecambe Badminton League - League Match Eight

Tonight we played against Overton B in an away match. We won 12-6 last season at their home ground and with Sue playing again after recovering from her injury, we were pretty confident. However, we found out that they have a new player, a young boy on their team. And he is good, I mean really good. As usual, Paul and I started the match and we managed to win the first set 15-8. But we lost the second 9-15. And it all went downhill when Tim and I lost both our sets 11-15 and 10-15. Last season I drew both matches with Paul and Tim so things are not looking so good at the moment. Luckily our ladies were on form and they managed to win all four sets. So its up to the mixed doubles to determine the final score.

I had to play against that boy again in the mixed double and was not really looking forward to it. To my surprise he was not really know how to play mixed double quite well and Brenda and I won easily 15-4 and 15-6. Last season we won both our sets too. In the end we won 11-7. Oh, forgot to mention that all men were wearing the new Yonex shirts. So we won in style.

No comments: