Saturday, September 04, 2010

Dodol

I received an invitation through email several days ago to participate in the dodol making activity organised by the neighbours. Since I never experience what it feels like to make this delicious dish (made from rice flour and lots of sugar), I'm waiting for the day to come with a bit of curiosity and anticipation. They decided to cook the dodol during the midnight and expecting to finish it by the early morning. I went to the wakaf area about midnight time and helped them stirring the dodol. There were around 15 of us, each taking turn to keep the dodol moving in the big wok. By 3am Nazrul and I were a bit tired and sleepy so we decided to call it a day (or night..or morning..whatever). I haven't see the finished product yet. I hope it tastes good.

No comments: