Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Inconsiderate Driver

We just came back from having a dinner in one of the restaurants in Seksyen 15, Bandar Baru Bangi when I noticed this white car parked behind ours. I couldn't get my car out of the parking area so I thought the owner might be nearby. Jo honked the horn few times but nobody came. One thought came into my mind though. I immediately called the telephone operator and asked for the Bandar Baru Bangi police station phone number. When I called them, I told the person in charge my situation and he promised to send his men over there. 

After 10 minutes, one police car came with the flashing lights (minus the blazing siren of course!) and stopped near my car. Out came the three uniformed policemen and they helped me maneuvering my car out of the parking slot. Suddenly, one young man wearing nothing but his Bermuda short came down from the stairs of the shop house nearby and started to apologize profusely to the policemen. He said he just moved in to the area but I could not see why that is a valid reason to just park your car in the middle of the road when there are lots of empty spaces nearby (both parking slots next to my car are empty by the way). Whilst watching those policemens scolding that young man, I quietly drove away with a smile on my face.

No comments: