Sunday, February 21, 2010

LBJB First League Match

Today is the first league match for LBJB. The previous match was classified as friendly since the team jerseys are not ready yet. Rhinos are wearing blue and red shirts and will be facing Panthers who are wearing black and orange. I can only spend few minutes with the team since I had to invigilate an examination at 10am. During the examination, Jo will update me with the latest score. I was surprised when Jo informed me that Ilyas is playing as a goalkeeper and happy when he didn't let any ball in. However, in the end, Rhinos are soundly beaten by the Panthers with 1-4. Afterwards I was informed in the e-mail by the organiser that Panthers win is nullified because of their failure to give one of their players a minimum playing time. So Rhinos get lucky today but their next match will be against Tigers, a hot favourite to win the league. Maybe if Ilyas remains as a goalkeeper in the next match, could there be an upset?

No comments: