Sunday, February 28, 2010

Friendly match for ANSARA Taiping

In the evening, Firdaus and myself went to the UPM College 14 football field  to play a friendly football match with ANSARA Taiping. Our opponent this time is a newly formed team from Saujana Impian. In the first half we had dozens of chances in front of the goal but we only managed to lead by one solitary goal from Jose. When the second half started, our star striker Marzuki took to the field and he duly scored two goals. The opponent tried to fight back and managed to get a goal but Paan immediately added another one for Tepen. 

By this time I think it's safe for me to play with them and I immediately instructed Jose to get off the field to be replaced by me. The players asked me to play as a striker and I duly comply. Straight away Marzuki crossed the ball for me to head but my attempt just soar inches above the bar. I got several opportunities to score afterwards but there are so many offside offense that frustrate me. The score remains until the end but I'm really happy because it has been a long time since the last time I play on the grass football field.

No comments: