Thursday, March 26, 2009

Visit by the UPM VC


Last night I went to Sheffield together with three of my colleagues from Lancaster to meet with the UPM VC, Prof. Datuk Nik Mustapha and his entourage. They are here to sign several MOUs with a few British and French universities. They also took the opportunity to meet and convey latest news and directives from the KPT and UPM to the UPM staff who are currently on study leave here. Overall, it was quite encouraging in terms of promotion (whether you want to apply for DS52 or DS54) and job enhancement (they encourage us to do post doc whenever possible) prospects. I told Prof. Samsinar, current GSM Dean that she is one of my guarantor so she'd better wish me luck on my study. I sat next to Prof. Datuk Wan Md Zin from the Faculty of Science during dinner and he told me his experience when he did his post doc.

2 comments:

pakteh said...

1. Every university now wishes to sign MoU and MoA with foreign universities to enhance its images. The experience of UKM is not the signing but to implement the agreements or understanding is the most unsustainable activity

2. Every university is encouraged to ask its young staffs to do post-doctorate stints to enhance their research capability and capacity. But many young staffs would like to stay at home!

3. Prof. Dato' Wan Zain tu kawan Ayah

Anonymous said...

Looks like Dato VC favour nike 3 stripes sneaker.

steve