Thursday, December 18, 2008

Passing my Car Driving Theory Test

I'm pretty much happy today after I took my Car Driving Theory Test as I've been preparing for it for several weeks now. During the multiple choice part of the test I was quite worried because there were 6 or 7 questions that I'm not really confident of their answers. Considering that the pass mark is 43 correct answers out of 50 questions, the uncertainty when answering these questions could leaves me with a borderline result. I'm quite confident with the hazard perception part though.

The test result came out right after I step out from the test booth. I first noticed the "Congratulations" word in the first sentence of the letter and a huge relief came over me. And there is one bold sentence right in the middle of the letter stating,

You scored 49 for the multiple choice part and 66 for the hazard perception part.

It means that I'd answered only 1 question incorrectly for the multiple choice part. The pass mark for the hazard perception part is 44 out of a possible 75 points so my score is not too bad either.

Right after that I sent my photocard licence and its paper counterpart to the DVLA because I need to inform them of a change of address. And maybe after this I will book for the practical test sometime by the end of January or early February next year. 

4 comments:

durra abd razak @ kocikin... said...

wah...caya laa...congrats.cikgu!!!!

pakteh said...

Congrats for passing the first part, when is the second part. Awa macam mana tak ambil test kah?
I've already discussed with my agent who will try to get you a Merc E 200 Kompressor, of about 3 years old, Abe pakai for a couple of months di sana, assuming that you know how to take care of it, baru bawa balik ke Malaysia. Tapi Lalan suruh Ayah beli Lexus for show. What do you think?

Ahmed Razman said...

second test will be sometime during the end of January.. awa nak tunggu dapat kerja baru ambil test

Merc is better than Lexus for its resale value... but I know nothing about cars

Anonymous said...

Resale value??? Do you think Ayoh will sell any car that he bought? Maybe after 15 years kut.Which any resale value will be totally irrelevant.

Merc pun merc lah.. at least he'll blend in with his fellow towkeh balak.