Friday, January 01, 2016

Meeting fellow hobby enthusiast


Mr Salim is my MBA student and currently the President of PBS Students Association. Recently I saw his Facebook post on his appearance on the local newspaper. He was talking about his hobby of collecting stamps. So I called him and we compared our collections. Turned out his Malaysian stamp collections is among the most completed one in the country! I was so impressed to see how much effort he spent on making sure the stamps beautifully arranged and preserved. When I visited him at his home, he presented me with a stamp catalogue book, an album which is imported from Germany and few first day covers which include the Panda stamps that were printed on fur like materials, the first of its kind in the world. I can only repay his kindness by gifting him some of my first day covers that he did not have in his collection.

No comments: