Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pictures on the Wall


Honorary Fellow, the name escapes me

Dr. Brian May, CBE, Chancellor of LJMU and former lead guitarist of the rock band Queen

Sir John Moores, CBE, founder of Littlewoods and Everton FC chairman

Today I had to attend the Research Students Induction Course organised by LJMU as a part of my registration process. Most of the participants are first year MPhil/PhD students but I don't mind since some of the sessions are quite useful especially regarding submission and viva voce examination.

The course was held at the Egerton Court, which also houses Office of the Vice Chancellor and Pro Vice Chancellor. I'm quite fascinated with the inside walls because they are filled with graduation pictures from several years ago until recent. I can recognise some of the famous people who graduated from LJMU. I wonder if UPM will do the same on their Pentadbiran building, hmmm highly unlikely.

3 comments:

pakteh said...

I doubt it cos most local universities in Malaysia would like to forget their history. UKM comes close to it by erecting Muzium Akademik but then again they seem to forget those contemporary contributors to academic excellence!

Anonymous said...

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard
He passes the ball forty yards
He's big and he's f**kin' 'ard
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard

C'mon! sing along!

nashora said...

hahaha..stevie G.....hahahaha