Thursday, January 22, 2009

Passing my Practical Driving Test

Me and my instructor, Graham



Oh what a relief! I couldn't sleep the whole night thinking about the test this morning. And when it's finally over, all I could think of is to get a proper rest. But not before I call my parents asking them to send money to buy a car, for them of course.

As for the test itself, I'm a bit lucky the examiner didn't ask me to do side parking, which I think is the most difficult manoeuvre there is. However, he did ask me to stop by the road side more than a couple of times, to see my judgement before moving off and he did ask me to do an emergency stop. Overall, I did two minor mistakes, one of which getting into a reverse gear when I'm supposed to go forward. Luckily the car was in parking position so no major harm done. The other one is not anticipating well enough when the traffic light goes green.

My wife already rented a car few days ago (what a motivation!) so we are going to Lancaster this weekend to visit Steve Kong and his family. And also to bring Ilyas and Maisarah to Toys'r'Us. They have been looking forward to this visit for quite some time now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats abe.. yeay!!!
Leh jumpa ilyas & sarah this weekend.. :)

Fazrul said...

tahniah!!!!

Anonymous said...

ye la...abe nampak gemok hehehe :P same here by the way ;)

Rambler said...

congratulations.. buying a new car soon?

Anonymous said...

abe mmg gemuk dah..haha..tapi takpe abe, kalau conpare gambar tu, instructor you lagi gemuk. :))

durra abd razak @ kocikin... said...

Congrats cikgu......lepas nie..kami nak pi amik gak lesen tu....leh mintak tips kan ;)

pakteh said...

You know what? You passed the draiving test cos instructur tu gemuk. Cuba Abe tenguk pipi Abe macam KFC
Nak beli kereta kah?