Friday, October 17, 2008

New Venue

Last night I played badminton for the first time with Malaysians in Liverpool. They usually had their matches every Wednesday night and they invited me to come along. So Awa and I went to Kensington Community Sports Centre around 8.30pm and we came across several undergraduate students going home after a futsal game (hmm that's a thought). The badminton matches started at 9pm and there were 9 of us and two courts were booked. But it is more like a family outing because there was a couple joining us and several children were also playing next to the courts. And they were using plastic shuttlecocks (shock! horror!). I promptly took out my Sea Lion tube from the bag and put it next to the court. That's much better.

Overall we had pretty decent matches although I can say standards in Lancaster are slightly bit higher than here. But then on the way home, one of the guys told me that they have one Indian guy who used to represent state back home and always winning each and every sports meet organised in the UK and there is another guy who is also quite good but didn't play that night. But that doesn't stop me from wondering who will win if there is a friendly match between Lancaster and Liverpool. Hmmmm.

No comments: