Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Life in Liverpool

Finally I got a broadband connection in my new home today. Tomorrow I'm going to have my first meeting with my new supervisor and we are going to finalise my registration as a PhD student with Liverpool John Moores University. I think I'm going to be working under the new European Centre for Corporate Governance and really looking forward to it. Hopefully I can finish my study in within one year.

Ilyas is already enjoying his new school and making a couple of new friends. Maisarah will be joining him by the end of this month and it's a good thing the school is situated just behind our house.

On the first day of Raya we visited three houses of Malaysians living in Liverpool. Two families even visited our house during the night. Last weekend we went to Lancaster and managed to visit 10 houses organised by 13 families. I think my wife is inviting several of our Lancastrian friends over to our house this coming weekend to extend the celebration of Raya.

No comments: