Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Family Tree Part 3

Finally, after 5 years wait, I have been able to start again my family tree project. I started my project back in 2002 using a pirated software and the tree grows to hundreds of branches of relatives as my father and I started to compile them by going to Kelantan during Raya holiday. Sometimes in 2003 I lost that software CD and to make it worse, since it is an old software, the format that the file is saved is no longer in use.

I've tried to purchase several new softwares (originals not pirated this time) but they cannot be used to change the old *.cgf format to a new GEDCOM format. So I posted my request for help in genealogy.com forum last year. There were several responses but none came nearer to my solution until several days ago when someone said that he is able to help me. So I sent him my old file and today he sent it back in a new GEDCOM format!

I have just opened the file and all the info is still there. I have made several copies of the file and after this I'm going to print it. Better safe than sorry this time!

No comments: