My article "Apa ada dengan janggut (What's in the beard)" has just been published in I Am Muslim blog site http://iammuslim2.blogspot.com/ Hopefully it is a such a worthy read to be included in I Am Muslim 2: Other Voices.
During my one month holiday in Malaysia (24th March until 27th April), these are things that I did:
1. Had breakfasts, lunches and dinners at KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Ayamas, Johnny Steamboat, mamak stalls (teh tarik, maggi goreng, roti planta, roti telur and roti pisang), Jimmy Thai Seafood, Grillhouse, Cozy Corner, Penang Delight, Coffee Bean etc.
2. Played one hour of futsal.
3. Played one game of football. We won 5-1 and I assisted one goal.
4. Played two sessions of badminton, one in Kajang and another in Kelantan.
5. Played two sessions of bowling.
6. Visited Pantai Cahaya Bulan and Pantai Irama, Bachok in Kelantan.
7. Visited Pertama Complex, KLCC, Midvalley Megamall, IKEA, Metro Kajang, Warta Bangi and Tesco Kajang.
8. Met UPM Deputy Vice Chancellor (Students Affair)
9. Applied for a Right of Abode which included a couple of visits to British High Commission and Visa Office in Wisma MCA.
10. Applied for the fund transfer from EPF to a bank account.
11. Updated Muamalat, Tabung Haji, Bank Islam and CIMB bank books.
12. Enquired on current status of Takaful Nasional (Abe, Joanna and Ilyas), Takaful Malaysia (Abe, Joanna and Ilyas), Takaful Ikhlas (Maisarah), Great Eastern Dana Restu, Direct Access, Bank Rakyat loan and Bank Islam loan.
13. Checked on the shares portfolio. Already making a profit but decided to hold.
14. Helped one friend with his company's financial accounts.
15. Got my tooth pulled out.
16. Got a haircut, including Ilyas.
17. Visited my faculty three times.
18. Renovated Awa's room in my parents house. Painted the whole room and put two new book shelves.
19. Visited houses of families and relatives. Managed to meet two families in McDonald at the same time and two families and three friends in Burger King at the same time.
20. Watched two movies, Catch and Release and Meet the Robinson.
21. Bought a Canon Ixus 70 digital camera.
22. Bought two Yonex rackets (with Yonex grips and strings), a Yonex trackbottom, Yonex shoes and Yonex socks. And 4 tubes of shuttlecocks, RCL Gold.
23. Restrung 4 rackets (Mine, Asmadi, Huzaimi and Bong).
24. Bought a new racket for Huzaimi.
25. Stayed in the Palace of the Golden Horses hotel.
26. Got my parents marriage certificate translated from Jawi to English using the service of Institut Terjemahan Negara.
27. Translated my wife and my children's birth certificate, together with my marriage certificate, from Malay to English using the service of Mahkamah Bandar Baru Bangi.